What To Expect
Your First Visit
Before you arrive, you can save time by completing the online paperwork. Please set aside 45 minutes for this visit.
Before you see Dr. Strickland, we will:
- help you with paperwork, if it is not yet completed
- gather insurance information and do a courtesy benefits check
- introduce you to our staff and give you a brief tour
- allow you to watch a brief video explaining what you can expect
When You Meet Your Chiropractor
The doctors ensure they comes in to see patients within two minutes. You can expect them to:
- take a thorough history
- perform a thorough exam
Their examination may include:
- thermal imaging and electromyography, if needed
- orthopedic and neurological testing to find out what’s causing your pain
- chiropractic tests including palpation and posture observation
If X-rays are needed, we will recommend them. We take our own X-rays on site, but not every patient needs them.
Finally, your doctor will:
- tell you about your conditions
- convey if we can or cannot help you
- recommend the best course of care for you, if he can help
- or refer you to someone who can help, if he cannot
If you are in acute pain, your doctor may adjust you on the first visit.
When You Return
At your second visit, you will:
- hear what Dr. Strickland found in your examination
- see your X-rays and nerve scan results
- discuss the doctor’s recommended care plan, specifically designed for you
- get any necessary adjustments or treatment
The specific care plan we recommend for you will include a series of Chiropractic adjustments to end your pain, correct your issues, and make your spine stable. It may also include:
- decompression therapy
- at-home exercises
- massage therapy
- a referral to a specialist
Please set aside 45 minutes for this visit.
Please set aside 10 minutes for each visit.
We pre-schedule regular visits, but patients are also welcome to walk in. As a walk-in, you may have a short wait and we cannot always guarantee we’ll get you in.
At these appointments, you will:
- go to the kiosk and check in
- be greeted by the staff and walk to an adjusting room
- be given a short article on cutting-edge health information
- be adjusted by your doctor
- have an opportunity to ask questions
At Better Life Chiropractic we can help improve your health. Call (208) 884-5000 to begin care now.